Tutorials: Essential Excel
Work through the intermediate lessons below to gain a solid understanding of essential Excel programming.
- Count and Sum: The most used functions in Excel are the functions that count and sum. You can count and sum based on one criteria or multiple criteria.
- Logical: Learn how to use Excel's logical functions such as the IF, AND and OR function.
- Cell References: Cell references in Excel are very important. Understand the difference between relative, absolute and mixed reference, and you are on your way to success.
- Date & Time: To enter a date in Excel, use the "/" or "-" characters. To enter a time, use the ":" (colon). You can also enter a date and a time in one cell.
- Text: Excel has many functions to offer when it comes to manipulating text strings.
- Lookup & Reference: Learn all about Excel's lookup & reference functions such as the VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, MATCH, INDEX and CHOOSE function.
- Round: This chapter illustrates three functions to round numbers in Excel. The ROUND, ROUNDUP and ROUNDDOWN function.
- Formula Errors: This chapter teaches you how to deal with some common formula errors in Excel.
- Array Formulas: This chapter helps you understand array formulas in Excel. Single cell array formulas perform multiple calculations in one cell.
- Sort: You can sort your Excel data on one column or multiple columns. You can sort in ascending or descending order.
- Filter: Filter your Excel data if you only want to display records that meet certain criteria.
- Conditonal Formatting: Conditional formatting in Excel enables you to highlight cells with a certain color, depending on the cell's value.